- Detailed roadway design for the South of Laurel - RR Overpass project has been completed. Detailed design of the bridge structures for this project is underway.
- The Montana Transportation Commission has approved the Access Control Resolution for the entire project corridor (Rockvale to Laurel). The approved resolution is on file with Yellowstone County and Carbon County.
- Right-of-Way design has been completed and appraisal of parcels has been authorized for the South of Laurel - RR Overpass project. Parcel appraisals for this project are underway.
- Utility mapping to identify and evaluate potential utility conflicts has been completed for the entire project corridor (Phase I Subsurface Utility Engineering; aka Ph. I SUE).
- Detailed investigation of utilities and potential conflicts (Phase II SUE) has been completed for the South of Laurel - RR Overpass project.
- Coordination with utility companies to resolve unavoidable conflicts is underway for the South of Laurel - RR Overpass project.
- Individual mailings have been completed for landowners with irrigation systems which will be impacted by the project. Follow-up meetings have been held with landowners as requested.
- Several groundwater monitoring wells have been installed to monitor pre-construction groundwater elevations at specific locations. The groundwater elevations are generally monitored monthly.
- Preliminary design for the intersection improvements at Rockvale (Rockvale - North project) has been completed. Final design of this project is underway.
The South of Laurel - RR Overpass project is tentatively scheduled for construction in 2013, depending on the completion of all project development activities and the availability of funding.