Billings Bypass - Virtual Public Meeting
Billings Bypass Virtual Public Meeting
July 2, 2020
11:00 am or 5:30 pm
Registration is required.
Register for the 11:00 am meeting at:
Register for the 5:30 pm meeting at: https://mt-gov.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_sTiQTYi9T7K1RU8YV2kQWQ
The Montana Department of Transportation (MDT) is conducting virtual public meetings to discuss the Billings Bypass project.
MDT and design team representatives will provide a general project overview and timeline with additional detail on the ongoing Railroad Overpass and Johnson Lane Interchange project segment designs. A question and answer session will be offered following the project information.
New right-of-way acquisitions are anticipated on the project. Project team members will be in contact with affected property owners to offer additional information.
Questions or comments can be directed to Public Involvement Manager Lisa Olmsted at or 406-294-9668.
MDT is using virtual meetings rather than in-person meetings due to concerns about community health and safety during COVID-19. MDT together with its construction contracting partners are taking the COVID-19 pandemic very seriously. Construction projects on Montana’s roads and bridges are considered an “essential” operation and will move forward as scheduled in 2020. For more information visit https://covid19.mt.gov/.
The Department of Transportation will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this Billings Bypass virtual public meeting or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the Department of Transportation no later than June 30, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Matt Maze, Office of Civil Rights, P.O. Box 201001, Helena, Montana 59620; telephone (406) 444-5416; Montana Relay 711; facsimile (406) 444-7243; or e-mail to .
- Can I call in to the meeting?
- Yes; use the registration link above and you’ll be provided with a call-in phone number. Call-in participants can text questions to 406-794-7922.
- Can I watch the meeting presentation on a smartphone?
- Yes, you can join from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device. Please note that while the meeting content is free, MDT will not pay for any additional data/phone/internet costs.
- How can I ask a question or make a comment?
- Before the meeting: Call the project hotline (406-294-9668) or email .
- During the meeting: Participants can type comments into the comment thread. They’ll be answered verbally during the virtual meeting. To be respectful of attendees’ time, comments that are specific to a single person/property will be followed up directly.
- After the meeting: Call the project hotline (406-294-9668) or email .
- Will the meeting presentation be available for viewing later?
- Yes; a recording of the presentation will be posted on the MDT YouTube page and linked on this website.
- I anticipate my property being impacted by right-of-way. What should I do?
- We would like to speak with you further regarding property-specific details. Please contact Public Involvement Manager Lisa Olmsted at 406-294-9668 or .
- I need help registering for the meeting. What should I do?
- Please contact Public Involvement Manager Lisa Olmsted at 406-294-9668 or for assistance.