FAQs/Permitting Support Reference
This FAQs/Permitting Support Reference is a handy guide that will help you to steer clear of some of the most common issues such as:
- The screen displays, but never takes me to the log-on screen.
- I always wait a long time before I see the login screen.
- I can’t see the full permit screen.
- The permitting system isn't responding very fast.
- I'm getting a security warning for Oracle.
- My permit or report won't print.
It also includes MDT contacts and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's).
Online Permitting Computer Requirements
- Microsoft® Windows Vista®, XP, 7 or 8
- Intel® Pentium III™ processor at 1GHz or higher
- 1GB RAM
- 40GB hard drive with 2GB free hard disk space
- 56Kbps or faster Internet connection
- Adobe Reader® Version 8.0 or higher
- Internet Explorer® 6.0 (SP2) or higher
- Sun® Java™ JRE version 6 update 26*
*MDT offers a virus free version of the Java 6 update 26 for our customers. If you are running a higher version of Java 7, see FAQs/Permitting Support Reference for the computer setup
Install Java 6 update 26:
- Left click the following link and choose Run: jre-6u26-windows.exe
- Run the file to your computer
- Install the file
Update FMCSA Motor Carrier ID Report
To avoid unnecessary delays, you will want to be sure that your information on the FMCSA Motor Carrier Identification Report (Form MCS150) is current. We reference this information when we set up your account. Discrepancies between the information on your application and what shows up in the federal system will slow down the approval process.
If your business has changed its Company Name, USDOT number or TIN (Tax Identification number), please make sure to update your Form MCS150. After this has been completed, please notify MCS at 406-444-7262 so that we can keep your permitting account information updated.
Apply Today for a MT Online Permitting Account!
Why wait on hold when you could issue your own permits online? Apply for access to the Montana Permitting System. Visa or MasterCard are required for Online Permitting payments.
Need Assistance or Have Questions?
Call Motor Carrier Services in Helena Montana at 406-444-7262. We're in the office 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday (except holidays).