Know the Law
This sampling of traffic and safey-related laws is provided for your convenience. However, the list is not a complete. For a complete list, please consult the Montana Code Annotated.
Bicycles & Pedestrian Traffic
- 61.8.303. Speed Restrictions Speed Limits
- 61.8.320. Right-of-way for Bicycles
- 61.13.1. Montana Seatbelt Use Act
- 61.8.302. Careless Driving
- 61-8-325. Limitations on overtaking on the left.
- 61-8-330. Driving on divided highways.
- 61.9.417. Motorcycle Headgear Requirements
- 61.8.359. Riding on Motorcycles
- 61.8.312. Special speed limits on...motor-driven cycles
- 61-5-102. Drivers to be licensed -- penalties
- 61-8-314. Traffic violations in construction zone and work zone
- 61-8-317. Right-of-way for vehicles engaged in...
- 61-8-346. Operation of vehicles on approach of...
- 61.5.1. Montana Licensing Provisions
- 61.5.106. Instruction permits...
- 61.5.131. Graduated Drivers License (GDL) Purpose
- 61.5.132. Prerequisites for issuance of driver's license...
- 61.5.133. First year restrictions...
Impaired Driving Laws
- 61.8.4. Driving Under Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
- 61.8.460. Unlawful possession of open...container
- 61.2.106. County drinking and driving prevention program
- 61-8-303. Speed Restrictions
- 61-9-405. Windshields required (unobstructed...)
- 61-8-311. Minimum speed regulations.