Motorcycle crashes represent a relatively small proportion of Montana’s total crashes, but because motorcyclists are at greater risk than passengers in an enclosed vehicle, motorcycle crashes represent a significant share of the state's fatal and injury crashes. In 2012, motorcycle crashes represented 15 percent of the state’s fatal crashes and approximately 6 percent of all injury crashes.
- Reduce the five-year average number of motorcyclist fatalities from 30 in 2010 to 23 by 2015.
- Reduce the five-year average number of motorcyclist fatalities and incapacitating injuries from 192 in 2010 to 149 by 2015.
- Reduce the five-year average number of fatalities for motorcyclists not wearing helmets from 18 in 2010 to 14 by 2015.
- Missoula Police Department
- Director-MT Motorcycle Rider Safety
- Instructor-MT Motorcycle Rider Safety