Enforcement is one of the five "E"s of traffic safety (education, enforcement, emergency services, engineering, and evaluation). Law enforcement strategies are woven throughout Montana's Comprehensive Highway Safety Plan.
Please see pages 10-30 of the Safety Plan.
On traffic patrols, law enforcement officers focus on the motor vehicle laws of MCA Title 61, in particular.
- Chapter 5. DRIVER'S LICENSES
- Chapter 6. RESPONSIBILITY OF VEHICLE USERS AND OWNERS
- Chapter 8. TRAFFIC REGULATION
- Chapter 9. VEHICLE EQUIPMENT
- Chapter 13. SEATBELTS
- Traffic Safety Resource Officer
- Mobile Impaired Driving Assessment Center
- SFST, ARIDE and DRE Training for Law Enforcement
Events & Training
STEP Contractor Orientation Webinar - Contact
Highway Traffic Safety Section