Closures & Incidents
- AVON TO NEVADA LAKE
- Road Reopen
- DALY CREEK TO SKALKAHO FALLS
- Road Closed
- WILL REMAIN CLOSED FOR SEASON
Montana Department of Transportation personnel along with law enforcement and other necessary officials are working to take care of these incidents on Montana's state-maintained highways.
August 21, 2014 at 12:15 AM
- US-93 MM 138.1, 11 MILES NORTH OF WHITEFISH AND 7 MILES SOUTH OF THE OLNEY JUNCTION ROAD
- 2 VEHICLE ACCIDENT ON US 93 NORTH OF WHITEFISH starting on August 20, 2014 at 12:34 PM
- THE SOUTH BOUND LANE IS NOW OPEN, ALTERNATING TRAFFIC THROUGH THE AREA, LANES WILL REOPEN IN 1 TO 2 HOURS WEATHER PERMITTING
- single lane traffic
- MT-38 SKALKAHO PASS
- SLIDE MP 18.6 starting on May 23, 2014 at 10:15 AM
- THERE HAS BEEN A SLIDE ON SKALKAHO PASS MILEPOST 18.6. THE ROAD IS CLOSED BETWEEN MILEPOST 17 - 21.3. THE DURATION OF THE CLOSURE IS INDEFINITE. TRAVELERS CAN TRAVEL THE HAMILTON SIDE FROM THE JUNCTION WITH US-93 TO DALY CREEK (MP 0 - 17) AND FROM THE PHILIPSBURG SIDE FROM THE JUNCTION WITH MT-1 TO SKALKAHO FALLS. CREWS ARE WORKING TO REPAIR THE SLIDE AREA AND UPDATES WILL BE PROVIDED AS CONDITIONS CHANGE.
- road closure