Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act
What is it?
Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21) is a 2-year transportation bill providing funding for federal highway, transit and safety programs through September, 2014. This 2-year, 105 billion dollar bill consolidates programs and eliminates several discretionary highway and transit programs.
Current law under SAFETEA LU continues through FFY 2012. The changes of MAP 21 for the highway, transit and research programs are effective on October 1, 2012.
Staff at the Montana Department of Transportation are in the process of reviewing the Act to determine program implications. When considering implementation of program changes, we would appreciate your input.
Please feel free to submit your question or comments online.
- Expanded NHS Q & A
- Federal Highway Administration
- Federal Transit Administration
- MDT Outreach Letter
- MDT Recommendation for Recreational Trails Program
- MDT Staff Recommendations – General Program
- Q & A
- Transportation Alternatives Program
- Transportation Alternatives Definition compared to Enhancement definition under SAFETEA LU