MDT Urban Maps
The Detailed Urban System maps listed below are current as of October 2017. They were constructed in ArcGIS 10.4.1 using ArcMap, Esri, Inc. All other maps are current as of March 2015 and were constructed in ArcGIS 10.2. There are two map sets available including highway systems and functional classification. These copyrighted© urban maps show roads "open to public travel" on a land grid of township, range and section lines. Cultural features adjacent to roads are displayed by symbols. The maps also indicate national forests, lakes, reservoirs, streams, canals/ditches, and railroads.
- The Highway Systems maps include a designated system of highways that include both federal and state mandated systems for Montana. An interactive map of these system routes are available.
- Highway Systems include:
- the National Highway System (NHS) - includes the Interstate and other principal arterials as provided in Title 23, U.S.C.
- the Primary Highway System - MCA 60-2-125(3)
- the Secondary Highway System - MCA 60-2-125(4)
- the Urban Highway System - MCA 60-2-125(6)
- The six functional classifications for urbanized and urban areas include:
- Principal Arterials
- Minor Arterials
- Major Collectors
- Minor Collectors
- Local streets
The Detailed Urban System maps are copyrighted ©2017. All other maps are copyrighted ©2015. Hard copies of these maps can be ordered by calling the Geospatial Information Section at 406-444-6119.