January 3, 2020
Aeronautics Division Aircraft Registration Process Public Comment Period Closes
- Below is the web address for a Notice of Proposed Adoption pertaining to Aeronautics Division Aircraft Registration process filed with the Montana Secretary of State November 26, 2019
For more information contact or call 406-444-9568.
January 15 –16, 2020
Aeronautics Board Meeting
For more information call 406-444-2506.
January 19-21, 2020
Association of Montana Aerial Applicators (AMAA) 2020 Convention and Trade Show
- Attend the AMAA trade show at the Heritage Inn in Great Falls, Montana for educational opportunities, networking with peers, visit with new vendor and suppliers, and have FUN! Pre-register by .
For more information contact Colleen Campbell at 406-781-6461.
January 24-26, 2020
Winter Survival Clinic at Seeley Lake Airport
- This clinic is geared toward all aviation pilots in the event an emergency landing takes place and survival is necessary until help arrives, however, these skills can be used by anyone that might find themselves in a survival situation. Also included is emergency medical training.
- Meals (except Saturday evening) and lodging will be provided. Rooms have been reserved for Friday evening at the Motor Lodge Inn in Seeley Lake. Classroom instruction will start at 5:00 p.m. Friday evening at the Quick Response Unit building (QRU) adjacent to the Seeley Lake Airport campground. Participants will meet Saturday morning for breakfast and a brief equipment check and then head to the Seeley Lake Airport where participants will learn techniques on winter survival, and later spend the night in their own survival shelters after making and eating bring-your-own dinner.
- Clinic cost is $150.00 with hotel or $60.00 without hotel (both options include 4 meals). A 50% deposit is required to reserve your space. The clinic starts at 5:00 p.m. on January 24 and ends at 11:00 a.m. on January 26.
- Registration Form
- Clothing/Equipment List
For more information or call MDT Aeronautics at 406-444-2506.
February 7-8, 2020
Flight Instructor Renewal Course (FIRC)
- The MDT Aeronautics Division is hosting Aviation Seminars for the 2020 FIRC February 7th and 8h at the Wingate by Wyndham 2007 North Oakes in Helena. This two-day FAA-approved course will run from 9:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. on Friday and from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. on Saturday. This course meets FAA renewal requirements for certified flight instructors and includes IACRA renewal.
- Registration can be completed online. Tuition for Montana Aeronautics Registered Pilots: $170.00 Promo-code required, Non-Montana Aeronautics Registered Pilots: $195.00.
- Discounted registration for Montana Aeronautics registered pilots has been made possible through increased funding from House Bill 661. Montana registered pilots please contact Aeronautics or call 406-444-2506 to get your promocode and save $25.00 off the registration fee.
- Not a MDT Aeronautics Division registered pilot? Register now with the Division for $10.00 per year and save $25.00 off the FIRC registration. You will receive a pilot registration card, Montana Airport Directory and newsletter. Visit the online pilot registration webpage, vendor fees apply.
- A block of rooms has been reserved at the Wingate Hotel at prevailing government rate plus tax. Reserve your room by calling 406-558-4490 and reference rooming block MDT-Flight Instructor Refresher Course (FIRC).
For more information contact or call 406-444-2506.
February 27-29, 2020
The 36th Annual Montana Aviation Conference
- To be held at the Heritage Inn located at 1700 Fox Farm Road Great Falls, Montana. Rooms have been blocked at prevailing government rate plus tax.
- Reserve your room by calling 406-761-0136 and reference rooming block Montana Aviation Conference 2020.
For more information, or call 406-444-2506.
February 28-29, 2020
Aircraft Mechanic Refresher and Inspection Authorization Seminar
- Held in conjunction with the Montana Aviation Conference at the Heritage Inn located at 1700 Fox Farm Road, Great Falls, Montana.
- Rooms have been blocked at prevailing government rate plus tax. Reserve your room by calling 406-761-0136 and reference rooming block Montana Aviation Conference 2020.
For more information, or call 406-444-2506.
March 1, 2020
Aircraft Registration Renewal Deadline
- Aircraft registration renewal invoices are sent the first week of December. Please postmark or timestamp your registration payments OR affidavit on or before March 1st, 2020 to avoid penalty. Online aircraft registration services are available. Vendor fees apply. See invoice for details.
- A penalty for late registrations must be assessed in the amount of five times the registration fee if payment or affidavit is not received by March 1st, 2020. The Aeronautics Division is unable to accept payment over the phone.
For more information or call 406-444-2506.