Training & Education
The Aeronautics Division promotes aviation safety by offering various training and education opportunities. Watch the Event Calendar, to see when these clinics are offered and to register.
- Aviation Career Academy (ACE)
- An exciting, 2-day program for high school students considering a career in aviation or they have an interest in aviation.
Takeoff with Aviation EducationWorkshop
- A workshop for teachers. Learn how to incorporate the theory of flight and other aviation concepts in the teaching of math, physics, history, language arts, literature, and geography.
- Aviation Awareness Art Contest
- A chance for MT students k-12, to show their artistic abilities while broadening their awareness of aviation/aerospace in our country's history and economy.
- Mountain Search Pilot Clinic
- An intensive 3-day session for pilots registered with the Montana Department of Transportation Aeronautics Division. This clinic prepares our volunteers for mountain search missions.
- Surratt Memorial Winter Survival Clinic
- Learn winter survival skills from acclaimed survival experts.
- Flight Instructor Refresher Clinic
- Need a refresher? This clinic meets the FAA's renewal requirements for certified flight instructors (CFI and Chief CFI).
- Montana Aircraft Mechanic Refresher & IA Renewal Seminar
- The Montana Aircraft Mechanic Refresher & IA Renewal Seminar is provided once a year to Inspector Authorized Airframe and Powerplant Mechanics renew their certificate. The course is also open to A&P’s wishing to expand their knowledge, refresh on certain topics or those in pursuit of becoming an IA. This course meets Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14 CFR) part 65, §65.93(a)(4) and you will be able to renew your IA at the end of the course. There are four sessions, each containing four hours of training. Only two sessions are required for renewal. Each year there are a limited number of seats, and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.