November 29, 2022
Recent snowstorms have shown that winter is here! Follow these driving tips to give yourself the best chance of making it to your destination safely:
- Keep an emergency travel kit in your car.
- Check to be sure all four tires are in good condition.
- Allow extra time to get to your destination.
- Clean off your car. Keep windows, mirrors, lights, and your license plate clear of snow and ice.
- Turn on your headlights.
- Turn off cruise control.
- Always buckle up.
- Slow down in poor visibility conditions.
- Maintain a safe distance behind other vehicles.
- Expect ice on bridges and in shady spots.
- Give our snow plows plenty of room to work
Always #KnowBeforeYouGo by checking the MDT 511 map/app for current road conditions.
Travel safely, Montana!