What To Expect During Construction
For the safety of the public and workers, MDT encourages motorists to plan ahead, allow extra travel time, slow down and use caution through the Highway 43 work zones. Current construction information and road conditions can be found on the MDT Travel Info App at https://roadreport.mdt.mt.gov/travinfomobile/.
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane through the construction work zones.
- Overall travel time delays on Highway 43 could be longer than normal. Expect 10-15 minute delays through each work zone.
- Highway 43 will be closed twice during the construction season near the May Creek Campground to replace the Trail Creek Bridges.
- Each road closure is expected to last up to four weekdays (from Monday at 5 a.m. to Friday at 5 a.m.).
- The May Creek Campground will only be closed during the two road closures.
- Motorists will need to use alternate routes Alternate Routes Map through Leadore, Idaho (dirt road) or Missoula (I 15 & I 90) during the closures.
- A portion of Highway 324 in Beaverhead County is a gravel surface that is typically maintained twice a year. The gravel road is not suitable for trailers or towing, but light-duty vehicles may use the highway.