Lyndale-Montana Sidewalk Project
The Montana Department of Transportation is improving the sidewalks on Lyndale Avenue between Last Chance Gulch and Helena Avenue, and on Montana Avenue between Helena Avenue and 12th Avenue in Helena.
- Updating sidewalk ramps and approaches that don’t comply with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards.
- Replacing sections of sidewalk with excess wear and tear.
- Updating electrical panels and equipment at intersections.
Anticipated Construction Schedule
Construction is anticipated to begin in mid-April and be completed in September 2020. Crews will work on one side of the road at a time to keep pedestrian access open.
|South side of Lyndale Avenue||April—May|
|North side of Lyndale Avenue||May—June|
|West side of Montana Avenue||June—July|
|East side of Montana Avenue||August—September|
|Intersections (electrical equipment work)|
|Benton & Lyndale||Late July/ Early August|
|Kessler & Getchell||August|
|11th & Montana||Late June/ Early July|
What to expect during construction
MDT is making efforts to provide access to businesses and pedestrians throughout construction. Construction will take place on one side of the road at a time. For your safety and the safety of others, please follow signage and cross the road at designated crossings.
- Sidewalks will be closed for several blocks at a time while under construction.
- Pedestrians traffic will be detoured to the nearest block that is not under construction.
- The outside traffic lane closest to the sidewalk will be closed through the work zone.
- Side streets that intersect the work zone will be closed at times. Closures will be limited to two consecutive streets at a time to help maintain access.
- Work may occur on Saturdays and at night on occasion.