The Montana Department of Transportation (MDT), in cooperation with the City of Miles City, will be making improvements along MT 59 that include the reconstruction and widening of the roadway and the addition of safety features. Construction will begin at the intersection of MT 59 and Main Street and will continue north for approximately 2 miles, ending just past Secondary Highway 489 (Kinsey Road).
The purpose of this project is to rehabilitate the existing roadway, enhance safety features, and reduce maintenance costs. In addition to the work on the roadway, the City of Miles City will be updating the water main, sewer line, and storm drain on the segment of roadway south of the Yellowstone River. This work will be done in cooperation with MDT’s road construction project to minimize impact to the public.
- Reconstruction of the roadway (south of bridge)
- Widening the shoulders and new plant mix surfacing (north of bridge)
- New rumble strips (north of bridge)
- Replacement of all non-compliant ADA ramps
- Upgrades to select existing sidewalks and ADA curb ramps
- Upgraded pavement markings, signing, and guardrail
- City utility improvements including water main, sewer line, and stormwater (south of bridge)
Miles City North Map
Illustration of planned project improvements north of the Yellowstone River
Illustration of planned project improvements south of the Yellowstone River