US 93 Lakeside North & South
The Montana Department of Transportation (MDT) is improving approximately nine miles of US 93 near Lakeside and Somers. The project area begins just north of West Shore State Park near the Presbyterian Camp Road, and extends north through Lakeside, ending near the Old US Highway 93 intersection.
- Rehabilitating approximately nine miles of pavement on US 93.
- Adding new:
- Pavement markings
- Centerline and shoulder rumble strips
- Upgrading ADA sidewalk ramps at two intersections in Lakeside.
- US 93/Bierney Creek Road intersection
- US 93/Adams Street
Construction is anticipated to be completed in early fall 2021.
What to expect during construction
For the safety of the public and workers, MDT encourages motorists to plan ahead, allow extra travel time, slow down and use caution through the Lakeside North and South Project work zone.
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane during the daytime.
- Pilot cars and flaggers will direct traffic through the work zone.
- Speed limits will be reduced.
- Expect 1 hour delays through the work zone.
- Traffic will return to two lanes at night.
- Access on to the newly laid asphalt surface will be restricted for 20-30 minutes.
Stay Informed During Construction
MDT will notify the public about traffic impacts and work activities through the project website, local media, mailings, social media, and email and text notifications during construction. Questions and comments can be sent to Brandon@rbci.net or call the project hotline at 406-626-7272.
Current construction information and road conditions can be found on the MDT Travel Info App at https://roadreport.mdt.mt.gov/travinfomobile/.