04-02-2020 - Voluntary Inspection Program
More information can be found on the Voluntary Inspection Program.
02-13-2020 - Update
The UCR fees for the 2020 registration year have been updated and can be completed at https://www.ucr.gov/.
02-12-2020 Trout Creek Bridge Closure
- More information can be found on the Trout Creek Bridge Closure. The Closure time is scheduled from late May through mid-July 2020.
11-05-2019 - Montana Winter Weight Permit
- More information can be found on the Winter Weight Permit.
09-20-2019 - Heavy Vehicle Highway Use Tax (HVUT) / Form 2290
08-14-2019 – FMCSA Announces Live ELD QA Sessions
FMCSA announced upcoming live ELD question and answer (QA) sessions. The QA sessions will be held by webcast and are intended for motor carriers, drivers and ELD providers. The sessions for motor carriers and drivers are scheduled for Aug. 13 and 15 and the sessions for ELD providers are scheduled for Aug. 12 and 14.
- More information can be found on FMCSA's ELD website.
07-28-2019 – Governor’s Executive Order No. 10-2019
Executive order declaring a state of energy emergency to meet demand for aviation fuel and other fire suppression resources
03-29-2019 - Canadian Revenue Agency Notice of Fuel Charge and Registration Requirements
What The New Canadian Fuel Charge Means For Interjurisdictional Road Carriers
Making sure there is a price on carbon pollution is an important part of the Government of Canada’s climate action plan. Under this plan, a new fuel charge was introduced as part of the Greenhouse Gas Pollution Pricing Act (the Act) which will be administered by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
03-27-2019 - Administrative Rules of Montana
20190326-181173 | MAR 18-173 (MCS) Notice of Proposed Amendment ARM 18.8.1502, 18.8.1503, 18.8.1505 - released Mar-26-2019
05-17-18 - MCS is Hiring!
Begin your career as an MCS Officer...
Apply Today for a State of Montana Career - Organization to look up is Transportation. The Job Field is Security/Protective Services.
- MCS is now on Facebook
02-14-2018 - Montana Title and Registration Process
The MT Department of Justice (DOJ) is recommending that carriers interested in IRP, go through the IRP registration process with MDT before completing title work through DOJ. This will help to eliminate duplicated registrations. The DOJ asks that the carrier shows proof of registration (Temporary Authority and/or a Cab Card from IRP) to process title work.
01-24-2018 - Electronic Logging Devices (ELD)
Visit the link above to view information regarding Electronic Logging Devices and Frequently Asked Questions
09-23-15 - FMCSA Changes that will impact all carriers with a USDOT Number
Please visit the following link to learn more regarding the changes:
01-08-13 - IRP Notice: California Truck and Bus Regulation Change
12-13-12 - MT is now sharing IRP / Prorate information to all states
How does this help you?
- Enforcement personnel in other states can tell if you are prorated and current on your registration by running your plate number, VIN number, and/or USDOT number.
- If an accident occurs, the company information is passed onto the Enforcement personnel.
What does this mean to you?
- MCS will be requesting updated Contact Information on the company.
- MCS will be requesting the phone number on the vehicle level for the owner of the vehicle, not who is responsible for the safety of the vehicle.
10-29-12 - New Medical Certification Requirements for Montana Commercial Driver License Holders
09-27-12 - Oversized Load Transports
- Module Transport Project – Billings to Alberta - Click here to read more about this project