04/20/2021 Entry-Level Driver Training for Commercial Driver’s License
- More information can be found on the ELDT-Newsletter.pdf.
03/30/2021 Executive Order
- Directive 3-30-2021: https://governor.mt.gov/_docs/Directives/PHA-Ratio-Directive-under-2-2021_FINAL.pdf
- Directive 2-12-2021: https://covid19.mt.gov//_docs/2-12-2021-Directive.pdf
01/13/2021 Executive Order
- Executive Order: https://governor.mt.gov/_docs/EOs/EO-2-2021.pdf
01/11/2021 - MT Permitting Program Update with Single Trip Permits and Routing
- See our Permits Page for further information.
07-30-2020 - Electronic Logging Devices (ELD)
- Visit the link above to view information regarding Electronic Logging Devices and Frequently Asked Questions
- FMCSA ELD Question and Answer Sessions. More information can be found on FMCSA's ELD website.
07-30-2020 - Administrative Rules of Montana (ARM)
- View the Administrative Rules of Montana on MDT News web page for current ARM change requests
04-02-2020 - Voluntary Inspection Program
More information can be found on the Voluntary Inspection Program.
11-05-2019 - Montana Winter Weight Permit
- More information can be found on the Winter Weight Permit.
09-20-2019 - Heavy Vehicle Highway Use Tax (HVUT) / Form 2290
03-29-2019 - Canadian Revenue Agency Notice of Fuel Charge and Registration Requirements
What The New Canadian Fuel Charge Means For Interjurisdictional Road Carriers
Making sure there is a price on carbon pollution is an important part of the Government of Canada’s climate action plan. Under this plan, a new fuel charge was introduced as part of the Greenhouse Gas Pollution Pricing Act (the Act) which will be administered by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
05-17-18 - MCS is Hiring!
Begin your career as an MCS Officer...
Apply Today for a State of Montana Career - Organization to look up is Transportation. The Job Field is Security/Protective Services.
- MCS is now on Facebook
02-14-2018 - Montana Title and Registration Process
The MT Department of Justice (DOJ) is recommending that carriers interested in IRP, go through the IRP registration process with MDT before completing title work through DOJ. This will help to eliminate duplicated registrations. The DOJ asks that the carrier shows proof of registration (Temporary Authority and/or a Cab Card from IRP) to process title work.
09-23-15 - FMCSA Changes that will impact all carriers with a USDOT Number
Please visit the following link to learn more regarding the changes:
10-29-12 - New Medical Certification Requirements for Montana Commercial Driver License Holders
09-27-12 - Oversized Load Transports
- Module Transport Project – Billings to Alberta - Click here to read more about this project