The purpose of the Forsyth - East & West project is to rehabilitate Front Street, in Forsyth, by resurfacing the roadway, improving stormwater drainage, upgrading existing features, and enhancing Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) access. Work will occur over a 1.5-mile-long corridor between US Highway 12 (US 12) and 18th Avenue, near Heberle Ford. This project will ultimately provide a smoother driving surface while reducing maintenance costs.
Project improvements include:
- New surface on the existing roadway.
- New curb and gutter on the south side of Front Street.
- New stormwater system to drain water to the Yellowstone River, on the northeast side of Forsyth.
- ADA upgrades to sidewalk and curb ramps, as well as upgraded signage and pavement markings.
- New sections of sidewalk to replace deteriorated areas.
- Road widening to include four-foot shoulders on the west end of the project area.
Click the image for a larger view.