MDT Urban Maps
- The Highway Systems maps include a designated system of highways that include both federal and state mandated systems for Montana. An interactive map of these system routes are available.
- Highway Systems include:
- the National Highway System (NHS) - includes the Interstate and other principal arterials as provided in Title 23, U.S.C.
- the Primary Highway System - MCA 60-2-125(3)
- the Secondary Highway System - MCA 60-2-125(4)
- the Urban Highway System - MCA 60-2-125(6)
- The six functional classifications for urbanized and urban areas include:
- Principal Arterials
- Minor Arterials
- Major Collectors
- Minor Collectors
- Local streets
The Detailed Urban System maps are copyrighted ©2019. All other maps are copyrighted ©2019. Hard copies of these maps can be ordered by calling the Geospatial Information Section at 406-444-6404.