Plans, Studies, Design, and Construction Projects
Urban Area Plans and Maps
Take a tour of the Montana Urban Areas and view their respective planning documents and Urban Area maps.
Transportation plans provide state, local, and tribal governments with a valuable way to determine and address future transportation needs in their jurisdictions based on public input and technical analysis.
Corridor Planning Studies
MDT uses corridor planning studies to determine cost-effective ways to address corridor transportation needs.
Environmental studies determine affects on the social, economic or natural environment and may result in the preparation of an Environmental Assessment (EA) or Environmental Impact Statement (EIS).
Feasibilities studies are used to determine the practicability, constructability, and level of impact of proposed projects.
Design and Construction Projects
- 1st Avenue North Billings
- Billings Airport Road & Main Street
- Billings Bypass
- Underpass Ave - Billings
- US 212 - Rockvale to Laurel
- West Laurel Interchange
- Belgrade South
- Cottonwood-Stucky Roundabout
- Interstate 15 Culvert Replacement - Jefferson City
- Kagy Blvd - S. 19th to Willson
- Rarus Silverbow Creek Structure Improvements
- Rouse-Oak / Story Mill
- Toston Structures
- Trail Creek Bridges
- Valley Spur Intersection Improvement
- Whitehall Roadway Improvements
Great Falls District
- Armington Junction Roundabout
- D3 Rockfall Mitigation (Phase I & II)
- East Helena Viaduct – Phase 2
- East of East Helena - East
- Great Falls ADA
- MT-21 Bridges
- York Road Roundabout
- Dern / Springcreek Road Intersection Improvements
- Blue Slide Road Repair Project
- Bonner Bridges Project
- Higgins Avenue Bridge Rehabilitation
- Huson East
- I-90 Ramps - Grant Creek Road
- Kalispell ByPass
- Madison Street Bridge
- Missoula ADA
- North of Stevensville - North
- Old Reserve Drive Secondary Route 548
- Russell Street
- Secondary 206 Safety Improvements
- South of Stevensville Safety Improvements
- Van Buren Street Interchange
- West of Missoula - NW
You may use the online comment form to comment on a study or project. Email & phone numbers are also on each study or project page.
The project you're looking for may not have a webpage. See if it's on the STIP or check the Construction Report. You can find active construction project details on the on the interactive Travinfo Map.
Still can't find it? Call MDT at 406-444-6200 or send us your question.